A great place to live...and visit.
Twice named one of America's Best Places to Live by Money magazine, as well as one of the "10 Best Towns for Families" by Family Circle Magazine, the City of Suwanee is also a great place to visit! This friendly, award-winning community of 18,000 is known regionally for its distinctive parks, vibrant downtown, crowd-pleasing events, and its embrace of public art initiatives, including Suwanee SculpTour.
Whatever you're craving - from sushi to Italian, Cuban to gourmet French - Suwanee's nearly 100 restaurants will satisfy just about any appetite. A delightful juxtaposition of old and new, Downtown Suwanee includes several unique restaurants and shops. For an urban, energetic vibe, check out Town Center, which is the heart of the Suwanee community and center of activity. A few favorite restaurants include Mori House Sushi & Grill, Taqueria los Hermanos and Ippolito's.
Suwanee is also known for hosting one-of-a-kind events. Suwanee Beer Fest was voted Best Festival in Gwinnett in the 2014 and 2015 Gwinnett Daily Post Reader’s Choice Awards. Also, celebrating it's sixth anniversary in 2018, the Suwanee Wine Festival is a huge hit where local wine experts assist in hand-selecting over 100 premium wines from around the world.
Explore Suwanee's "wild" side with a jog, stroll, or pedal along the four-mile Suwanee Creek Greenway, which meanders through woods, wetlands, and wildlife habitats. Don't have a bike of your own? Take advantage of Suwanee's new bike sharing program. Be sure to visit all of the terrific parks in Suwanee, including:
- Suwanee Town Center Park - a 10-acre urban park that functions as our community gathering place and features a performance stage and Gwinnett County's largest interactive fountain
- PlayTown Suwanee - a community-built playground on Main Street
- Sims Lake Park - this beautiful and functional park features a well-fed streamscape, trails, playground, and lake with a viewing dock
- Suwanee Creek Park - an 85-acre passive and natural refuge that serves as the trailhead to the Suwanee Creek Greenway
- Harvest Farm at White Street Park - Suwanee's newest park is home to Georgia's largest organic community garden, as well as the first public orchard and playground in the southeast
Suwanee is an ideal location for your Atlanta-area vacation headquarters. It's in the middle of everywhere - close to the splendor of Lake Lanier and the north Georgia mountains, in the midst of Gwinnett's best shopping, and a short drive down I-85 to the big-city attractions of Atlanta.