Deals and Discounts
7 Ways to Save This Summer
Summertime and the livin's easy.
We're big fans of deals, and we bet you are too. With kids out of school and a little more time to spare this summer, we want to help you have fun on a budget. Here are seven ways you can save this summer.
1. Gwinnett Library System. If you plan to spend some time in our local parks and museums, the Gwinnett County Public Library System is here to help. Customers can check out a one-week pass for free admission for a family of four to a handful of great local and regional attractions, including the Southeastern Railway Museum, Zoo Atlanta, the Michael C. Carlos Museum, Center for Puppetry Arts, Georgia State Parks & Historic Sites and the Wren’s Nest Museum. Check their website for more information.
2. Museums on Us Program. Present your Bank of America® or Merrill Lynch® credit or debit card and a picture ID on the first full weekend of every month for one free general admission to several of Atlanta’s most popular museums, including the Atlanta History Center, the Center for Civil and Human Rights, the High Museum of Art and the Tellus Science Museum. The Tellus is 40 minutes north in Cartersville, but it is one of our favorite gems (no pun intended, even for a rock museum).
3. Hudgens Center for Art + Learning. The Jacqueline Casey Hudgens Center for Art + Learning offers free admission. This perk is possible through a generous partnership with a one of Gwinnett’s strongest community arts supporters, Holtkamp Heating and Air. Enjoy fabulous rotating exhibitions featuring several different mediums of art.
4. Museum Day Live! The Smithsonian magazine gets into the act every fall, hosting Museum Day Live! Various museums around Atlanta offer free admission on that day – this year, mark your calendars for September 21, 2019.
5. Aurora Children's Playhouse. A local, unanimous favorite kids activities is Aurora Theatre’s Children’s Playhouse. Their popular PlayhouseTix punch card is an office favorite - for just $50, you receive 10 admissions to their almost-always sold out shows. Recent shows include A Musical Tour through Latin America, An Ocean of Discovery and Pinocchio.
6. Free Bowling. On those hotter summer days, you'll want to find something fun to do inside. Stars and Strikes is offering the Kids Bowl Free program where registered kids receive 2 free games a day, all summer long.
Now you've got no excuses. Enjoy your summer!
Want more deals? Check out our post on 50 Free (or almost free) Things to do in Gwinnett!