Craft Breweries & Beer
Six Reasons to Visit the Suwanee American Craft Beer Fest
If you've never been to Suwanee Beer Fest before, I highly recommend this event. Celebrating it's seventh year in 2017, this year's event will be bigger and better than years before. If you're still on the fence, here are six reasons you should attend Suwanee Beer Fest 2017.
1. 350+ craft beers. This one seems like a no-brainer, but look at that number! Breweries from across the country will be at the fest giving you a taste of some of their best brews.
2. VIP perks. For just $110, you can experience all the benefits of being a VIP, including one hour early entry into the event, limited, rare and exclusive beer tastings, private dining, VIP restrooms and more.
3. A great cause. Proceeds from this year's event will benefit Cooper's Crew, a Suwanee-based organization honoring Cooper O’Brien, who lost his battle to a rare form of cancer called Clear Cell Sarcoma at the young age of 14. Participation in Suwanee Beer Fest supports the Cooper’s Crew Fund, which provides funding for research and development to find a cure for childhood cancer. Proceeds also benefit the Cooper O’Brien Scholarship Fund, which grants scholarships to three graduating seniors at North Gwinnett High School each year, who have overcome unique hardships or adversities.
Photos by AJ Sisca
4. Live music. As always, there will be great, live entertainment at Suwanee Beer Fest, including two outstanding bands. Rodeo Twister brings electric guitar, acoustic guitar, an upright bass and "a passion and knack for sweet, sweet harmonies" to the stage. Back by popular demand, Fulkinetic has entertained Beer Fest guests for five years straight. You'll love their combination of rock music, soul, funk and blues.
5. Vendors on vendors on vendors. In between your tastings, stop by some of the awesome vendor tents. If you're hungry, stop by Cattywampus, Suwanee Pizza Tavern or one of the other food vendors. If you're not hungry, you can visit Medievel Times, Topgolf and a ton of other non-food vendors... including us (see #6)!
6. We'll be there! Come to the Explore Gwinnett booth for a fun giveaway, the opportunity to take your picture with Burgerhead and a chance to win gift cards for Burgers & Brews Week, taking place March 19-25. We'll keep the party going with seven days of $7 specialty burgers at 12 Gwinnett restaurants. Stop by our booth for more info.
You have no excuse—these are six pretty great reasons to attend this award-winning festival. Hope to see you there!