Guide to Gwinnett
Neat and Noteworthy Tours in Gwinnett
There's no shortage of fun, unique things to do in Gwinnett. In this post, we'll give you the rundown for seven one-of-a-kind tours you can partake in.
1. Seoul of the South™ Korean Restaurant Tour. Hosted by yours truly, the Seoul of the South tour gives you a chance to immerse yourself in another culture. You'll dine at four Korean eateries (come hungry) and learn all about Korean culture in Gwinnett from our host, Korean-native, Sarah Park.
2. BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir Atlanta. The BAPS Mandir (temple) is sort of indescribable. Hand-carved stone was assembled by volunteers to construct this stunning site. Guests are welcome from 9am to 6pm daily, and you can pay $5 for an audio tour. See our know-before-you-go guide.
3. Lawrenceville Ghost Tours. If you're into spooky things, you've got to go on a Lawrenceville Ghost Tour and Cemetery tour. As the oldest city in Metro Atlanta, this town has plenty of spooky stories to offer. Adults, be sure to check out Brews & Boos.
4. Plantation Houses of Gwinnett County. Gwinnett is full of traditional, original plantation homes and other historic sites. You can take a self-guided driving tour to 17 spots, dating back to as early as 1812. Unless otherwise noted, these properties are privately owned and not open to the public, so be respectful.
5. Sculptour. This is an awesome activity for anyone interested in the arts. This outdoor art exhibit features 17 unique sculptures created by various artists. Be sure to pop into Suwanee City Hall for a brochure.
6. Chateau Elan Winery Tour. For just $5 you can take a guided winery tour at Chateau Elan Winery & Resort. You can add a tasting for an additional cost. Tours take place Monday through Friday at 2:30pm, Saturday at 1:30, 3:30 and 5:30pm and Sunday at 1:30 and 4:30pm.
7. Stone Mountain Park Segway Tour. Explore this 3,200 acre park on a fully narrated Segway® Personal Transporter (PT) tour or E-bike tour. You'll see some of the most scenic areas of the park while riding in style. See their website for restrictions and age regulations.