7 Sandwiches You Should Savor This Month
You can make any meal into a sandwich, and any sandwich into a meal.
How can something so simple be so amazing? A sandwich is just meat, cheese, and maybe some veggies, put in between two pieces of bread. But, when you think about, there are so many delicious types of bread and countless things to put in between it.
August is National Sandwich Month, so I'm sharing seven places where you can celebrate. Some of these sandwiches are fancy, and some are simple, but the one thing I can promise you is that they're all good.
1. Rico's Apricot, Ham & Brie. It's tempting to order one of everything on the menu when you go to Rico's World Kitchen. I pretty much always opt for the apricot, ham & brie sandwich. The honey cured ham and creamy brie are perfect with the spiced apricot mayo on grilled french bread. Grab some napkins—this one gets a little messy.
2. Ten Bistro's Garfunkel. If you're looking for something hearty, try Ten Bistro's Garfunkel—flat iron steak, red onion, tomato, horse radish aioli and provolone served on ciabatta.
3. McCray's West Cost Turkey Club. You'll be California dreamin' of this sandwich from McCray's Tavern, which includes turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado served on toasted focaccia with chipotle ranch.
4. Bleuhouse Cafe's Tuscan Veggie. If you're looking for a sandwich without meat, Bleuhouse Cafe has got it. The Tuscan Veggie is made up of roasted red peppers, roasted eggplant, greens, fresh mozzerella and pesto mayo on focaccia bread.
5. Dreamland BBQ's Traditional. Dreamland BBQ knows what they're doing when it comes to meat. Try the traditional BBQ sandwich with a side.
6. Graft's B.E.L.T. A B.L.T. is certainly a staple in the sandwich world. Graft Restaurant dresses their's up a bit with house bacon jam, a fried farm egg, lettuce and tomato on sourdough. That bacon jam, though.
7. Brown Bag Deli's Reuben Double Stack. Take the classic Reuben and double it. This Brown Bag Deli sandwich includes hot corned beef, swiss, sauerkraut and 1000 Isle on Marble Rye.
Let's be honest...
My love of bread makes sandwiches one of my favorite foods. Comment below, and tell us how you'll celebrate National Sandwich month!