It's National Chicken Month, and We've Got 6 Ways to Celebrate
Do chickens do "the people dance" at their weddings?
You read that right—it's National Chicken Month! And, according to the National Chicken Council, for over two decades, all of the major chicken producers in the U.S. have banded together to promote chicken sales in September, turning a once slow month, as the summer grilling season waned, into one of the year’s best performing sales periods.
Chicken dishes come in all shapes and sizes. From fried chicken to chicken salad and grilled chicken sandwiches to Korean-inspired chicken, Gwinnett's got so many ways you can celebrate this delectable holiday.
1. Thank U Chicken. You can get your daily does of Korean-style fried chicken at Thank U Chicken. Get a simple order of fried chicken, or try the Korean version of chicken and waffles.
2. Brunch Apothecary. Speaking of chicken and waffles, you've got to try the chicken and cinnamon churro waffle at Brunch Apothecary. The chicken is perfectly seasoned and crispy, and tastes amazing with a bit of waffle.
3. Strange Taco Bar. Strange Taco Bar is offering all kinds of unique tacos. Try the fried chicken taco with pineapple, black beans and a jerk cream sauce.
4. Blue Rooster. Chicken salad is a great way to eat this delectable dish. Try Blue Rooster's original chicken salad sandwich on a croissant. You won't be able to resist picking a dessert from their amazing selection to finish off your meal.
5. Kurt's Euro Bistro. Head over to Kurt's Euro Bistro, and try their chicken scallopini milanaise. This dish consists of a breaded chicken breast cutlet with tomatoes, parsley and basil fettuccine.
6. Rockin' Crawfish. I know—this one may seem a little misleading, but Rockin' Crawfish has some of the best lemon pepper wings I've ever had.
Get out there and eat, people! Enjoy National Chicken Month, and be sure to tag us in all of your culinary adventures on social using #exploregwinnett.
Comment below, and let us know where you like to eat chicken in Gwinnett. Happy eating!