Make the Most of Winter in Gwinnett
You'll be walkin' in a winter wonderland after this edition of Guide to Gwinnett.
Winter officially begins this week. Some people love the winter temperatures, and others don't (✋). Just because it's cold doesn't mean you can't still have a great time. We're here to tell you about all the great ways to enjoy winter in this edition of Guide to Gwinnett.
Get outside. If you don't mind the temperature, there are some great ways you can enjoy the outdoors this time of year.
- Stone Mountain's Snow Mountain is Atlanta's official winter wonderland. We don't typically get to see real snow in this area, so the folks at Stone Mountain make it happen for us. Slide down the 400 foot tubing hill or head to Snow Fire Point to warm up and roast s'mores.
- Show off your skills at The Ice Rink @ Sugar Hill. This real ice rink is huge and is complete with a covered tent, and other rink amenities. You can enjoy a variety of concessions and keep working toward being the next Kristi Yamaguchi.
Stay inside. If you aren't fond of the freezing temperatures, there's plenty to do inside, too—especially when it comes to the arts.
- Checkout ART Station's Winter Juried Art Member's Exhibit. This particular exhibition is juried by Ife Williams, executive director at The Hudgens Center for the Arts. Be sure to check out their other galleries and events while you're there.
- See award-winning performances at The Aurora Theatre. The Mountaintop will run through mid-February, and re-imagines Dr. Martin Luther King's last night on earth.
Catch a game. Gwinnett's sports teams are a great way to get out for a fun night with family and friends.
- The Georgia Swarm's season kicks off in January. This Pro Lacrosse Team will amp up the crowd, and they've got a great team lined up for their 2017 season.
- Another great team to watch is the Atlanta Gladiators. These high-energy hockey games are fun for everyone. The Gladiators also do all kinds of fun promotions and giveaways. For example, you can win a chance to sit "Between the Benches" where you'll have a one-of-a-kind experience.
Whether you're inside or out, we know you'll find lots to do this winter. Don't forget to tag #exploregwinnett in all of your posts on social.