5 Reasons You Can't Miss Japan Fest
Get ready to explore Japan like never before at Japan Fest. This year's event will present "cooler Japan," combining old traditions with today's pop culture.
Taking place September 17 - 18 at the Infinite Energy Center, Japan Fest offers a unique opportunity for attendees to experience the culture of Japan in their own backyard. This year's event will highlight five categories, including tradition, fashion, music, technology and anime.
Japan Fest has added some new features this year, and we're here to give you five reasons to attend this must-see event.
1. Kabuki Theater. Kabuki is a form of traditional Japanese theater that is a rich blend of music, dance, spectacular staging and costuming. Kabuki theater has been a major theatrical form in Japan for almost four centuries. The critically acclaimed theater group Miyabiya will be travelling all the way from the land of the rising sun to perform "Two Lions," one of the most famous pieces in Kabuki theater.
2. Anime voice actor Kyle Hebert. Kyle Hebert is a Los Angeles-based anime and video game voice actor. His credits include Wreck-It Ralph/Street Fighter 5 (Ryu), Naruto (Kiba), Bleach (Aizen, Ganju), League of Legends (Ezreal, Jarvan, and Graves) and Gurren Lagann (Kamina), among many others. Hebert will be available both days for a panel and autographs.
3. Kimono fashion show. New this year in the fashion category is a Kimono Fashion Show—a creative fusion of traditional kimono and modern chic. If you really want to get involved and experience the traditional dress, the Konnichiwa Club will be available to dress attendees in kimonos.
4. School discounts. Japan Fest is offering free tickets to K-12 schools, as well as a great discount ticket package to colleges. Talk about a cool field trip!
5. Cultural learning experience. Events like Japan Fest don't come around often. This immersive occasion allows you to learn about another country and culture without having to travel thousands of miles or pay enormous amounts of money.
What are you waiting for? Get your tickets to Japan Fest today!