5 Reasons You Can't Miss Japan Fest
Experience the rich culture of Japan right here in Gwinnett.
Taking place September 17 - 18 at Gas South District, Japan Fest offers a unique opportunity for attendees to experience the culture of Japan in their own backyard. This year's event will be the 35th anniversary and will feature cultural performances, live music, Japanese food and more!
Japan Fest has added some new features this year, and we're here to give you five reasons to attend this must-see event.
1. Matsuriza. Japanese taiko drums have been enthralling audiences for 2000 years in religious ceremonies and in festivals. Matsuriza has been influential in playing both traditional music as well as composed arrangements, the Matsuriza drum troupe is now a regular at JapanFest. They continue to to mesmerize listeners with their rolling, clashing, dramatic choreography and sound.
2. Samurai Sword Soul. Watch an action packed Samurai performance by trained professionals. There will also be a Samurai bootcamp. Shows take place everyday twice a day.
3. Motoko the Storyteller. A traditional Rakugo Storyteller. Rakugo is a form of Japanese verbal entertainment using a lone storyteller on a raised platform.
4. School discounts. Japan Fest is offering free tickets to K-12 schools, as well as a great discount ticket package for non-profits. Talk about a cool field/work trip!
5. Cultural learning experience. Events like Japan Fest don't come around often. This immersive occasion allows you to learn about another country and culture without having to travel thousands of miles or pay enormous amounts of money.
What are you waiting for? Get your tickets to Japan Fest today!