Cool off in Gwinnett's Great Splash Pads
It's hot. We'll help you cool down.
The verdict is in—it's freakin' hot. The last thing you want to do is spend all of your summer inside, but it can also be hard to find outdoor activities that aren't sweltering.
Great news! Gwinnett's got some great splash pads where you can can cool off. Remember when you used to run through the sprinklers when you were a kid? Well it's like that, but better. And, all of these fountains are located near lots of other fun stuff to do.
1. Duluth Town Green Fountain. At any given time, you'll see lots of kiddos running through this massive fountain, open seven days a week from 9am to 6pm. When you're done splashin' around, grab lunch at Piatto Fresh Kitchen, get a slice of pizza at O4W or grab some delectable donuts at Simply Done Donuts. More info here.
2. Suwanee Big Splash. This interactive fountain features 43 jets and uses up to 1,400 gallons of water per minute. Grab some Italian ice from Rita's to keep with the cool off theme. See more details.
3. Lillian Webb Park Interactive Splash Pad. This five-acre park includes a large lawn, awesome fountains and an interactive splash pad. Pop into 45 South Cafe for a Good Humor ice cream bar or visit Lionheart Theatre for a show. Or both!
4. Splash Park @ Sugar Hill. One of the newest splash pads on the scene, the Splash Park @ Sugar Hill is a perfect place to have some outdoor fun this summer. There are a few rules, and you can check them out here. When you're done playing, walk over to Sugar Hill Bakery & Cafe for a sweet treat.
5. Mall of Georgia Interactive Splash Pad. Mall of Georgia offers so many things to do. You can shop and eat (and cool off in the AC while you're at it). You can also experience their splash pad, located just outside the main entrance.
This is just a handful of the awesome places you can play in the water in our great county. Lots of our parks have wonderful water facilities. Get out there and beat the heat!