Guide to Gwinnett
Guide to Gwinnett: Races and Marathons
You worked hard for that summer bod. Keep it up with these races and marathons.
Running is a great way to stay in shape. And if you're participating in a race or marathon, it can also be an awesome way to give back! Gwinnett has 49 award-winning parks, and most of those have walking and running trails. With so much great space to exercise, it's no surprise that there are tons of 5Ks, races and marathons that take place in our county. We're here to point you in the right direction in this edition of Guide to Gwinnett: Races and Marathons.
Whether you're a seasoned runner or just getting started, there are a range of races that take place annually in Gwinnett. Many of these events offer options like one mile family fun runs so the whole family can get involved and 10Ks for folks looking for a longer trail.
Depending on what race you decide to participate in, you can also usually find some good music, door prizes and refreshments at these events. And who are we kidding? That's the real reason we're there (plus, supporting those good causes).
First and foremost, if you're into Pokemon Go (you can admit it; we're playing too), you won't want to miss Sugar Hill's Pokemon Go 5K this Sunday, August 21.
Looking for a Peachtree Road Race Qualifier (PRRQ)? Check out these upcoming events:
- Girl Scouts 4th Annual Thin Mint Sprint 5K and Fun Run, Saturday, August 20
- Race for Restoration 5K, Saturday, August 20
- 5 Alarm 5K, Saturday, September 10
- Suwanee Fest Run, Saturday, September 10
- Xterra Georgia Little Mulberry Park 5K/10K Trail Run, Saturday, November 12
- Breakfast Club 5K and Fun Run, Saturday, September 17
- Georgia Race For Autism & Fall Festival, Saturday, October 1
- Georgia SPCA Run for the Rescues, Saturday, March 25
This next batch may not be PRRQ, but they're all connected to great causes, so you'll feel good in your leg muscles and your heart.
- Forever Remember 5K, Saturday, September 24
- The Deon Lewis Memorial HOPE Run, Sunday, October 9
- 9Round Dacula's Run For The Boozers, Sunday, October 16
- Gwinnett Parks Foundation 5K, Saturday, November 12
- Suwanee Kiwanis All American 5K, Saturday, November 12
- Thanksgiving half marathon, 10K and 5K, Sunday, November 20
- Flashlight 5K, Saturday, December 31
Last, but certainly not least—if you're looking for something a little different and more challenging, you'll want to check out Battle Frog 2016. Taking place Saturday, November 12, this is an obstacle race series designed by Navy SEALs and Seabees.
There you have it! We hope you'll find this guide useful as you get out, stay active and support local and national causes. There are always new events being planned, so be sure to keep up with our calendar of events!