Guide to Gwinnett
Guide to Gwinnett: Races and Marathons
Start the new year off right with these races and marathons.
Running is a great way to stay in shape. And if you're participating in a race or marathon, it can also be an awesome way to give back! Gwinnett has 49 award-winning parks, and most of those have walking and running trails. With so much great space to exercise, it's no surprise that there are tons of 5Ks, races and marathons that take place in our county. We're here to point you in the right direction in this edition of Guide to Gwinnett: Races and Marathons.
Whether you're a seasoned runner or just getting started, there are a range of races that take place annually in Gwinnett. Many of these events offer options like one mile family fun runs so the whole family can get involved and 10Ks for folks looking for a longer trail. Here are a few races happening over the next few months. Start training now!
Depending on what race you decide to participate in, you can also usually find some good music, door prizes and refreshments at these events. And who are we kidding? That's the real reason we're there (plus, supporting those good causes). All it takes is just signing up for one race to get you started.
Check out these upcoming events:
- Chilly Willy 5k/10k/Half-Marathon, January 15th Sugar Hill
- Cookies & Cocoa 5k, January 22nd Buford
- Run Road Atlanta 10k/5k/Fun Run, January 22nd Braselton
- 11th Annual Suwanee Sweetheart Sprint 5k, February 12th
- Great Valentine 5k/10k, February 15th Sugar Hill
- Frosty 5k, February 19th @ Thrasher Park in Norcross
- 8th Annual Kupcakes and Kandy 5k, February 19th Suwanee
- 8th Annual Suwanee Half Marathon and Old Town 5k, February 20th
- Running for Energy Efficiency 5k, March 5th Peachtree Corners
- Trippadoodles Trot 10k/5/ Fun Run, Mach 19th Lawrenceville
- Sour Patch 5k, March 19th Sugar Hill
- Chamber Chase 5k, March 24th Buford
- Stroll'N'Roll Fun Run & 5k, March 26th Lilburn
- Black Nights Dash for the Castle 5k, March 26th Lawrenceville
There you have it! We hope you'll find this guide useful as you get out, stay active and support local and national causes. There are always new events being planned, so be sure to keep up with our calendar of events!