National Grilled Cheese Month is Here
To the person who decided to melt cheese between two pieces of bread, we applaud you.
Whether you're a kid or an adult, you have to admit there's something about a grilled cheese that just makes you happy. One of the great things about a grilled cheese sandwich is that you can get it in all types of varieties. From a simple, classic grilled cheese to a dressed up, five cheese, bacon, avocado, whatever-else-you-can-think-of-to-go-on-a-grilled-cheese, you really can't go wrong.
If you didn't know, it's National Grilled Cheese Month, so I'm here to tell you about a few places where you can stuff your face with all the carbs and calories.
1. 1910 Public House (Lilburn). This trendy restaurant in Lilburn is known for their homemade pimento cheese. And boy am I happy they decided to stick it on a sandwich with a fried green tomato, pecan smoked bacon and a chipotle aioli. This grilled cheese comes with your choice of side, and will certainly curb your cheese craving.
2. Pub Ten (Peachtree Corners). Pub Ten in Peachtree Corners has devoted a whole section of their menu to this scrumptious sandwich. You'll find a variety of grilled cheeses, all served on sourdough bread. Try the Parisian made with brie, pineapple-chili marmalade, tomato and green apple. Sandwiches are served with tomato bisque or funky fries.
3. Sugar Hill Bakery & Cafe (Sugar Hill). This sweet spot in Sugar Hill has got a killer classic pimento cheese grilled cheese. This guy is served on parmesan cheese bread with four cheeses and pimento.
4. Iron Horse Tavern (Norcross). If you're looking for a grilled cheese game changer, head to Iron Horse. Their lobster grilled cheese got Readers’ Choice Award Winner in Garden & Gun Magazine. Enjoy grilled lobster, brie, and cream cheese on Texas- Toast.
5. Black Walnut Cafe (Peachtree Corners). If you're really into the classic combo of grilled cheese and tomato soup, Black Walnut Cafe is where it's at. Their tomato basil soup comes with cheese-filled tortellini, and is the perfect partner to their american on challah bread sandwich.
There you have it—five savory stops where you can celebrate one of the world's greatest inventions, grilled cheese. Be sure to tag #exploregwinnett on social as you make your way through the list. All of these sandwiches are Instagram-worthy.