National Grilled Cheese Month is Here
To the person who decided to melt cheese between two pieces of bread, we applaud you.
Whether you're a kid or an adult, you have to admit there's something about a grilled cheese that just makes you happy. One of the great things about a grilled cheese sandwich is that you can get it in all types of varieties. From a simple, classic grilled cheese to a dressed up, five cheese, bacon, avocado, whatever-else-you-can-think-of-to-go-on-a-grilled-cheese, you really can't go wrong.
Grilled cheese sandwiches deserve to be celebrated, so I'm here to tell you about a few places where you can stuff your face with all the carbs and calories.
1. 1910 Public House (Lilburn). This trendy restaurant in Lilburn is known for their homemade pimento cheese. And boy am I happy they decided to stick it on a sandwich with a fried green tomato, pecan smoked bacon and a chipotle aioli. This grilled cheese comes with your choice of side, and will certainly curb your cheese craving.
2. Pub Ten (Peachtree Corners). Pub Ten in Peachtree Corners has devoted a whole section of their menu to this scrumptious sandwich. You'll find a variety of grilled cheeses, all served on sourdough bread. Try the Parisian made with brie, pineapple-chili marmalade, tomato and green apple. Sandwiches are served with tomato bisque or funky fries.
3. Georgia Diner (Duluth). If classic dishes are your jam, try Georgia Diner's grilled cheese and ham sandwich for a nostalgic feeling of being a kid again.
4. Iron Horse Tavern (Norcross). If you're looking for a grilled cheese game changer, head to Iron Horse. Their lobster grilled cheese got Readers’ Choice Award Winner in Garden & Gun Magazine. Enjoy grilled lobster, brie, and cream cheese on Texas-Toast.
5. The 5 Spot Cafe (Lawrenceville). If you're really into cheese o top of cheese then the 5 Spot Grilled Cheese Sandwich was made for you. Boar's Head mozzarella, jack, swiss and cheddar cheeses on grilled garlic parmesan sourdough will have you coming back for more!
There you have it—five savory stops where you can celebrate one of the world's greatest food discoveries, grilled cheese. Be sure to tag #exploregwinnett on social as you make your way through the list. All of these sandwiches are Instagram-worthy.