National Grilled Cheese Month is Here
To the person who decided to melt cheese between two pieces of bread, we applaud you.
Whether you're a kid or an adult, you have to admit there's something about a grilled cheese that just makes you happy. One of the great things about a grilled cheese sandwich is that you can get it in all types of varieties. From a simple, classic grilled cheese to a dressed up, five cheese, bacon, avocado, whatever-else-you-can-think-of-to-go-on-a-grilled-cheese, you really can't go wrong.
If you didn't know, it's National Grilled Cheese Month, so I'm here to tell you about a few places where you can stuff your face with all the carbs and calories.
1. 1910 Public House. This trendy restaurant in Lilburn is known for their homemade pimento cheese. And boy am I happy they decided to stick it on a sandwich with a fried green tomato and applewood smoked bacon. This grilled cheese comes with your choice of side, and will certainly curb your cheese craving.
2. Pub Ten. Pub Ten in Peachtree Corners has devoted a whole section of their menu to this scrumptious sandwich. You'll find a variety of grilled cheeses, all served on sourdough bread. Try the Parisian made with brie, pineapple-chili marmalade, tomato and green apple. Sandwiches are served with tomato bisque or funky fries.
3. Marlow's Tavern. The rustic grilled cheese at Marlow's Tavern (locations in Duluth and Buford) is definitely a stop to make on your cheesy adventure. This sammie is made with havarti, swiss, classic mornay, applewood smoked bacon and chili on sourdough.
4. Sugar Hill Bakery & Cafe. This sweet spot in Sugar Hill has got a killer classic pimento cheese grilled cheese. This guy is served on parmesan cheese bread with four cheeses and pimento.
5. McCray's Tavern on the Square. If you order the 4 is more grilled cheese from McCray's, you'll get crispy sourdough bread with cheddar, pepper jack, provolone and gouda cheeses. You've also got the option to add tomatoes and bacon, because why not?
6. Iron Horse Tavern. Iron Horse is stepping up the cheese game with a 5 cheese grilled cheese made on sourdough bread and served with a cup of tomato soup for dippin'.
There you have it—six savory stops where you can celebrate one of the world's greatest inventions, grilled cheese. Be sure to tag #exploregwinnett on social as you make your way through the list. All of the sandwiches are Instagram-worthy.
Also, I'm much hungrier now than I was when I started this post...