Places to Grab the Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in Gwinnett
To the person who decided to melt cheese between two pieces of bread, we applaud you.
Whether you're a kid or an adult, you have to admit there's something about a grilled cheese that just makes you happy. One of the great things about a grilled cheese sandwich is that you can get it in all types of varieties. From a simple, classic grilled cheese to a dressed up, five cheese, bacon, avocado, whatever-else-you-can-think-of-to-go-on-a-grilled-cheese, you really can't go wrong.
Grilled cheese sandwiches deserve to be celebrated, so I'm here to tell you about a few places where you can stuff your face with all the carbs and calories.
1. Fried Green Tomato Pimento Grilled Cheese at 1910 Public House (Lilburn). This trendy restaurant in Lilburn is known for their homemade pimento cheese. And boy am I happy they decided to stick it on a sandwich with a fried green tomato, pecan smoked bacon and a chipotle aioli. This grilled cheese comes with your choice of side, and will certainly curb your cheese craving.
2. Grilled 5 Cheese Sandwich at Lazy Dog Cafe (Peachtree Corners). Lazy Dog Cafe offers a full menu of lunch, dinner and brunch options. And yes. You can bring your dog for patio dining (they even offer a special dog menu!). When it comes to the people food, check out the Grilled 5 Cheese Sandwich with cheddar, swiss, mozzarella, jack, parmesan on sourdough toast.
3. Georgia Diner (Duluth). If classic dishes and roadside diners are your jam, try Georgia Diner's grilled cheese and ham sandwich for a nostalgic feeling of being a kid again.
4. Iron Horse Tavern (Norcross). If you're looking for a grilled cheese game changer, head to Iron Horse. Grilled Texas Toast smothered in a four-cheese blend of Swiss, American, Garlic goat cheese and Aged Double Gloucester Onion Chive Cheddar. Be sure to add a cup of tomato soup.
5. The 5 Spot Cafe (Lawrenceville). If you're really into cheese o top of cheese then the 5 Spot Grilled Cheese Sandwich was made for you. Boar's Head mozzarella, jack, swiss and cheddar cheeses on grilled garlic parmesan sourdough will have you coming back for more!
There you have it—five savory stops where you can celebrate one of the world's greatest food discoveries, grilled cheese. Be sure to tag #exploregwinnett on social as you make your way through the list. All of these cheesy concoctions are Instagram-worthy.