Celebrate National Peanut Butter Month in Gwinnett
Smooth or crunchy?
Did you know November is Peanut Butter Lovers Month?
According to PeanutButterLovers.com, "Southern Peanut Growers, representing southeastern peanut farmers, started the celebration as Peanut Butter Lovers Day on November 4, 1990. November 4 marks the anniversary of the first patent for peanut butter, applied for by Dr. John Harvey Kellogg on November 4, 1895. It grew to a month-long celebration in 1995 when peanut butter celebrated its 100th birthday!"
We've got eight great places where you can celebrate all things peanut butter right here in Gwinnett. And, if you have a peanut allergy, we're sorry! But keep in mind that these places have some treats for you too.
- The Cupcake People. Chocolate and peanut butter are the perfect combination, so stop by The Cupcake People for their chocolate peanut butter cupcake.
- Sweet Hut Bakery. If you're a fan of donuts, visit Sweet Hut Bakery to try their peanut donut.
- Bleu House Cafe. Grab a peanut butter bar or peanut butter cookie at Bleu House Cafe in downtown Norcross.
- Jilly's Cupcakery. You can never have too much of a good thing. Head to Suwanee Town Center for Jilly's Cupcakery's chocolate peanut butter cupcake.
- The Baking Grounds. If you're visiting Buford, check out the peanut butter cookies at The Baking Grounds.
- Sugar Hill Bakery & Cafe. The Reese's peanut butter cheescake bar at Sugar Hill Bakery & Cafe is to die for.
- Blue Rooster. Speaking of Reese's, at Blue Rooster in Lawrenceville you can get your very own Reese's Peanut Butter cake.
- Crave Pie. At Crave Pie in Duluth, you can get all kinds of peanut butter treats—peanut butter cream, peanut butter fudge, peanut butter and banana cream, peanut butter and balsamic strawberry jam, peanut butter with salted pretzel crust and peanut butter cup (excuse us while we wipe up the drool).
So, if you like peanut butter, you're in good company—two peanut farmers have been elected president of the USA—Thomas Jefferson and Jimmy Carter, and it's reported that the peanut butter and banana sandwich was a favorite of Elvis “the King” Presley.
Happy National Peanut Butter Lovers Month. Tag #exploregwinnett in your social posts as you get out and celebrate!