Celebrate National Noodle Month
You thought you'd grow out of ramen noodles—man were you wrong.
When I say ramen noodles, I don't mean the kind you heat up in the microwave and eat out of a cup. One thing I always appreciate about our dear Gwinnett County is it's diversity. Our cultural differences are exemplified by our culinary scene.
March is National Noodle Month, so today I'm giving you just a few of the best places for noodles in Gwinnett. I'm sure we could make a pretty long list, but here are eleven places you can get your noodle on.
1. Super Pho. You'll find plenty of pho options at this Duluth restaurant. They've got everything from beef brisket pho to hot-n-sour seafood pho.
2. Sri Thai. Sri Thai has a lot of noodle dishes, but one of my all-time favorites is their spicy basil noodle with chicken. You can also get it with pork, tofu, beef, shrimp or squid. The portions are big, so share it with a friend, or better yet, keep the leftovers for yourself.
Did you Know? By federal law, a noodle must contain 5.5% egg solids to be called a noodle. #NationalNoodleMonth
3. Top Ramen. You'll find a lot of great Asian restaurants off of Pleasant Hill Road, but one of the best ramen noodle joints is Top Ramen. Their Chinese-style, hand-pulled noodles are a must try.
4. Umaido. For Japanese-style ramen, check out Umaido. With a variety of flavors, including tonkatsu, honey miso and wasabi shoyu ramen, you really can't go wrong.
5. J's Mini Hot Pot. If you've never done hot pot, it's a fun experience. Similar to fondu, you get to play with your food, contrary to what mama always told you. I personally enjoy thin-sliced, premium beef with veggies and glass noodles. At J's Mini Hot Pot, you've got lots of protein and veggie choices.
6. Ming's BBQ. They may be known for their BBQ, but Ming's has got some outstanding noodle dishes. Try their shrimp pan fried noodle entrée with your choice of chow fun or egg noodle.
7. I Luv Pho. I Luv Pho is the perfect stop to curb your noodle cravings. Order the pho doc biet, served with filet mignon, meat ball, flank, bibble tripe, tendon.
8. Raku Tonkatsu Ramen. One of Duluth's popular go-to ramen restaurants.
9. Yuki Izakaya. Be sure to try the Yakisoba, pan fried noodles with pork, beef or seafood.
10. Xi'an Gourmet House. We recommend the cold noodles or hand-ripped noodles.
11. Lifting Noodles. Located inside of Sweet Octopus in Duluth this restaurant offers everything from classic ramen to Angry Zuko Ramen. Also, check out the Build Your Own Ramen option.
We love noodles of all kinds and we've got some awesome Italian restaurants featuring this exceptional ingredient, too. Where else do you love to eat noodles? Comment below and let us know.