Artober Gwinnett is Back Again
Art. Is. Everywhere. And after a worldwide pandemic we could use a little more art in our lives.
Artober Gwinnett is a month-long celebration of the arts that coincides with National Arts and Humanities Month.
Our goal is to bring awareness to all the fantastic art in our area. We hope the community will feel more informed about these events, leading to more participation in local art activities.
There are a lot of exciting events happening this year, including:
- Hudgens Prize Retrospective Exhibition: The Hudgens presents a retrospective of our past winning artists who have all left their mark upon The Hudgens with their talents, perspectives, and passion for their art.
- Urban Mediamakers Festival: Takes place all over Gwinnett, both in person and virtually, see amazing content from international groups of creatives competing for awards.
- Bard at the Barn-Romeo and Juliet: An outdoor performance of the tragic love story, with traditional and original music.
- Imagining the Unreal: The Learning Labs are excited to present the first GCPL Photo Annual Exhibition this fall at the Duluth branch.
- Everett's Music Barn Fall Festival Fundraiser: There will be bands playing all day to help raise funds for the barn, and the house will be open for all levels of talent for jam sessions.
This is just five events—Artober Gwinnett includes more than 200 local arts events, and you'll find something artsy to do everyday this month.
See the full Artober calendar below.
Looking for some other locations to get artsy?
- Eye Candy Art Studio: Paint your own pottery in downtown Duluth
- Tannery Row Artist Colony: Professional artist galleries
- Eddie Owen Presents: Live music concerts and open mic nights
- Norcross Art Gallery and Studios: Exhibitions from local artists and classes
- R. Alexander Fine Art: Fine art gallery with original work for sale