Deals and Discounts
11 Affordable Ways to Dine Al Fresco
Sometimes you want to dine out with out the expense or atmosphere of a busy restaurant. We recommend packing a picnic or grabbing your favorite affordable to-go dish and planning a meal al fresco in Gwinnett.
We can't say enough about all of Gwinnett's great parks. When it comes to picnicking in the park, we recommend...
- McDaniel Farm Park. Step right back into the 1930's and dine in a picturesque setting.
- Rhodes Jordan Park. Grab a spot under the pavilion with a lovely lake view.
- Jones Bridge Park. Take a seat by the river and enjoy a meal away from the hustle and bustle.
- E.E. Robinson Park. If you're looking to make a day of it, this park is for you. Walk the trails, play on the playground, hop in the interactive fountain (seasonal), and take in beautiful meadow views.
- Stone Mountain Park. Entry to Stone Mountain Park is only $20 per vehicle. Once you're in, take your bagged lunch to the lake or up the mountain.
Another great way to save money on meals while enjoying the outdoors? Grab an inexpensive meal from a favorite downtown restaurant and grub on their town green. For example...
- O4W Pizza in Duluth is located right off the green, and they sell pizza by the slice seven days a week.
- Brown Bag Deli in Suwanee Town Center is a must for breakfast and lunch. You can spend just over $10 for a meal. Grab a spot on the grass and enjoy.
- Grab a couple tacos from Strange Taco Bar and place your picnic blanket near the Gwinnett Historic Courthouse or the Lawrenceville Lawn.
- If you want to grab something quick and simple, 45 South Cafe in downtown Norcross offers quiche, pastries, bagels, and their famous banana bread all day. Take your order to Lillian Webb Park and enjoy the outdoors.
- Knuckie's classic hoagies and salads are under $10, and you'll find plenty of space to spread out at Peachtree Corners Town Center.
- Another great stop for to-go tacos is Agavero Cantina. Get three chicken or beef tacos for less than $10, then partake in your meal in Lilburn City Park.