6 Reasons to Visit the Hudgens
“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” — Pablo Picasso
The Arts are incredibly important. Whether you're an adult or a child, art can teach you a lot. We're lucky to have the Hudgens Center for Art & Learning here in Gwinnett. If you haven't spent much time there, here are seven reasons why you should.
1. Exhibitions. The Hudgens has five areas where a visitor can view art at any given time. The Fowler Gallery showcases four exhibits per year. These exhibits showcase works from artists like Picasso, Liechtenstein and Kandinsky. The Kids Zone is another area of the center, and offers "hours of hands-on happiness." Guests can also visit the Kistner Atrium, The Georgia Gallery, and the Weeks Sculpture Garden to view amazing art.
2. Events. This facility hosts some fantastic events. One of their most popular is Toddler Fridays, where kids can expect to enjoy activities like story time, music, sensory activities and hands-on projects.
3. Classes. If you've ever wondered if you could be an artist yourself, the Hudgens will help to get you on your way. The center hosts numerous classes for all age ranges, across a variety of art mediums. Enjoy drawing, painting, pottery and more.
4. Community outreach. By supporting the Hudgens, you help to support a lot of their great community engagement. For example, the Hudgens hosts an Art & Therapy program, where cancer patients and their caregivers participate in projects that create an outlet for expression and relaxation.
5. Gift shop. The Hudgens has a wonderful gift shop that is full of one-of-a-kind pieces. You'll find items from local artists and artists all over the world. The shop sells jewelry, decor, wearables, sculptures, prints, home goods and more.
6. Membership. A membership to the Hudgens gets you a lot for a low cost. Youth, seniors and college students pay just $30; an individual membership is $40; a family membership includes two adults and any children under 18 for just $65. Members enjoy a ton of great benefits, including member only events and discounts on classes and gift shop purchases.