5 Reasons to Eat at Strange Taco Bar
Let's taco 'bout how awesome this new joint in downtown Lawrenceville is.
I'm a huge fan of Local Republic, so when I heard that the same folks were planning to open a fast, casual taco bar in downtown Lawrenceville, I was thrilled. Strange Taco Bar has been open for a few months now, and if you haven't tried it yet, here are five reasons why you should.
1. The tacos (duh). The restaurant currently offers about 19 different types of tacos, making it a little tough to choose. Each taco is served à la carte, so you can try a few different options. So far, my favorites include the jerk fried chicken, the beef short rib bulgogi and the B-ATL. I'm still working my way through the list, and I will try them all. You can also get any taco as a rice bowl.
2. Chorizo Fried Rice. When I saw this on the menu, I was immediately intrigued. You have got to order it. This dish is packed with flavor, and includes fried rice and spicy chorizo. It's accompanied by a side of traditional Asian yum yum sauce. It's definitely different from any rice dish I've had, and honestly, I'd eat this as my meal.
3. Beverages. Just like Local Republic, Strange Taco Bar offers a great rotating selection of draft beer. They've also got a killer margaraita, which you can add fresh strawberries or jalapeno syrup to. Be sure to try the whiskey sweet tea lemonade and the Richland rum cuba libre, too.
4. Breakfast. Monday through Saturday from 8am - 11am, you can stop in for breakfast tacos and coffee. All breakfast tacos start with egg and cheese, and then you pick your choice of meat. Or, try the migas taco, which comes with egg, pepper jack, onion, peppers, avocado, pico de gallo and tortilla strips. They've also got avocado toast to get your day started right.
5. Taco Tuesday. Every Tuesday from 3pm - 6pm, tacos are just $2!
Keep up with Strange Taco Bar on Facebook for updates, specials and events.