Guide to Gwinnett
12 Ways to Treat Your Date to Something Different
Because dinner and a movie can get a little boring.
We all expect the typical date. Dinner and a movie. Netfilx and chill. Sound familiar? Well, we want to get you out of your date night rut. Gwinnett makes this really easy, because there's about a million ways you can surprise that special someone in your life with a better date.
Make Something Together
Quick—what's one of the most romantic movie scenes ever? If you said, "that part in Ghost," you win. Now, we don't recommend reenacting this exact moment, but you can plan an awesome date night experiencing some of Gwinnett's great arts.
- Tannery Row Artist Colony is a site to see. Many of the artists who work out of the colony offer workshops. Don't feel like making something on your own? Pieces through out the colony are available for purchase.
- The Hudgens Center for the Arts has a wide range of classes, including everything from clay and calligraphy to drawing and photography.
- Eye Candy Art Studio in downtown Duluth creates an intimate, fun atmosphere. Here you can enjoy pottery painting, canvas painting classes, glass fusion and wine glass painting.
Taste Something Different
We can all get stuck in a routine. Once you find an awesome restaurant with a great dish, it can be hard to branch out and try something new. There are too many amazing restaurants in our county for that.
- Got a sweet tooth? Or a sweetie with a sweet tooth? Head to The Chocolaterie, where you'll find beautiful, hand-made truffles, as well as other delicious treats.
- If you're into the brewery scene, take bae to Good Word Brewing and Public House for a delicious meal and one of their in-house brews. Try the burger—it's delicious.
- I love a good charcuterie board, and you can't beat Rushing Trading Co. in Sugar Hill. You'll love sharing this meal with your significant other.
Take a look at our calendar to see what's going on this Valentine's Day.
Play A Game Together Add some friendly competition to your date night for a really exciting evening. You can hone your gaming skills or your driving expertise. Gwinnett's got options.
- At the new Main Event in Suwanee, you can partake in all kinds of games, including bowling, arcade games and laser tag. Not to mention, they've got great dining and drink options.
- Put on your racing helmets and see who will come in first at K1 Speed. You can even let your better half win if you're feeling generous.
- Put your thinking caps on and try to escape the room at one of Gwinnett's escape rooms, including Brainstorm Escape Games or Escape the Netherworld.
Do Something Outside
A date outdoors is always unexpected, and can even include a romantic picnic for two.
- You'll look sweet upon the street on a bicycle built for two. Well, the bikes are built for one, but you'll still have a great time cycling through Suwanee Creek Park and Town Center Park using Suwanee's Bike Share Program. If you're trying to be frugal, this date's perfect. Bikes are free for the first three hours.
- You can experience Stone Mountain Park in a whole new way with electric bike and segway tours. This seasonal activity is offered April through November.
- Your date is going to think you're real cool if you tell them you're going ziplining. And you can do that, plus a lot more, at Treetop Quest in Buford. This attraction is open March through November.
Now you've got everything you need to break out of that predictable date night routine. Next time you want to go to dinner and a movie, reconsider your options and do something more fun!