Gwinnett Tourism Education Program (GTEP)
Due to limited staffing and impact of COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to pause all in-person GTEP classes through first quarter 2021. We will re-assess our education offerings at that time. Please contact Lisa Anders, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
What is GTEP?
The Gwinnett Tourism Education Program (GTEP) is Explore Gwinnett's education program for the Gwinnett hospitality community. Offered free of charge, its designed to educate members of the hospitality community on the many attributes of Gwinnett County including downtowns, attractions, shopping, parks, history and heritage, and the educational and civic foundations of Gwinnett. As a result, the hospitality community will be better prepared to promote Gwinnett County, provide a more memorable visitor experience and increase tourism awareness.
What does GTEP consist of?
GTEP consists of free training, certification and information services.
- Four two-hour sessions of classroom training on Gwinnett's attractions, shopping, sports, special event facilities, historic downtowns, history, government, parks and recreation
- Behind the scenes tour of one of our unique downtown cities
- An all-day familiarization tour of Gwinnett County
- Upon completion of the classroom training, Downtown City Tour and the familiarization tour program participants will receive certification as a Gwinnett Certified Tourism Specialist (GCTS)
- In addition to the certification program, a series of enrichment seminars are offered, and topics include customer service training, travel packaging, quick and easy Spanish for the hospitality industry, business etiquette, stress management, time management, conflict resolution, Microsoft computer classes, sales, greening your hotel, Community Improvement District updates, crime prevention and other topics selected by the hospitality community
- Easels and reader boards with "Have Fun in Gwinnett" events calendars are distributed to hotels and other tourist locations throughout community