You thought you'd grow out of ramen noodles—man were you wrong.
When I say ramen noodles, I don't mean the kind you heat up in the microwave and eat out of a cup. One thing I always appreciate about our dear Gwinnett County is it's diversity. Our cultural differences are exemplified by our culinary scene.
March is National Noodle Month, so today I'm giving you just a few of the best places for noodles in Gwinnett. I'm sure we could make a pretty long list, but here are ten places you can get your noodle on.
1. Super Pho. You'll find plenty of pho options at this Duluth restaurant. They've got everything from beef brisket pho to hot-n-sour seafood pho.
2. Sri Thai. Sri Thai has a lot of noodle dishes, but one of my all-time favorites is their spicy basil noodle with chicken. You can also get it with pork, tofu, beef, shrimp or squid. The portions are big, so share it with a friend, or better yet, keep the leftovers for yourself.
3. Umaido. For Japanese-style ramen, check out Umaido. With a variety of flavors, including tonkatsu, honey miso and wasabi shoyu ramen, you really can't go wrong.
4. J's Mini Hot Pot. If you've never done hot pot, it's a fun experience. Similar to fondu, you get to play with your food, contrary to what mama always told you. I personally enjoy thin-sliced, premium beef with veggies and glass noodles. At J's Mini Hot Pot, you've got lots of protein and veggie choices.
5. Ming's BBQ. They may be known for their BBQ, but Ming's has got some outstanding noodle dishes. Try their shrimp pan fried noodle entrée with your choice of chow fun or egg noodle.
6. I Luv Pho. I Luv Pho is the perfect stop to curb your noodle cravings. Order the pho doc biet, served with filet mignon, meat ball, flank, bibble tripe, tendon.
7. Raku Tonkatsu Ramen. One of Duluth's popular go-to ramen restaurants.
9. Xi'an Gourmet House. We recommend the cold noodles or hand-ripped noodles.
10. Lifting Noodles. Located inside of Sweet Octopus in Duluth this restaurant offers everything from classic ramen to Angry Zuko Ramen. Also, check out the Build Your Own Ramen option.
We love noodles of all kinds and we've got some awesome Italian restaurants featuring this exceptional ingredient, too. Where else do you love to eat noodles? Comment below and let us know.
Updated by Clara Rooks on 2/15/22
Post by Jessica Whittingslow
Self-proclaimed foodie and adventurer, Jessica loves to explore Gwinnett and all the great dining, shopping, activities and events the area has to offer. When she's not telling you guys what dishes to try or where to be, she's reading, spending time outdoors or catching up on the latest Netflix original series (who else loved Stranger Things??). She's got an Australian Shepherd that's basically her child and a husband, who always comes second to the dog (sorry, not sorry).